WARRANTY, CARE & MAINTENANCE
The care and maintenance guidelines will help you keep your Sodostone surfaces in pristine condition for years to come.
ROUTINE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
For routine cleaning, use small quantities of non-bleach, non-abrasive cleaners together with warm water and a damp cloth or sponge. Liquid spills including fruits, vegetables, food colorings and curries, should be wiped up and cleaned with a mild detergent and water immediately after detection.
PREVENTING HEAT DAMAGE
Protective trivets and heat pads must always be used underneath cookware such as skillets, saucepans, pots or dishes when removing hot items directly from any heat source (oven cooktop or microwave) and placing onto the Sodostone surface. Prolonged or sudden extreme temperature changes can permanently damage the material which is not covered under warranty.
The use of cutting boards and taking care not to drop or move heavy objects on the surface will help to ensure the long lasting beauty of Sodostone . Sodostone’s resilient surface has been designed to withstand normal daily use and whilst it is resistant to scratches, cuts and chipping, cutting directly on the Sodostone surface should be avoided.
There are some strong chemicals and solvents that can cause damage to Sodostone. Paint remover, paint and stain strippers, nail polish removers, bleach, furniture cleaners, oil soaps, permanent markers or inks, oven cleaners, drain cleaners and chemicals with high alkaline pH levels are examples of products that could damage the surface. If a strong chemical or solvent comes into contact with your Sodostone surface, rinse immediately with plenty of water then follow with normal cleaning procedures.
REMOVING DIFFICULT SPILLS AND STAINS
If normal cleaning procedures do not work on stubborn or dried spills, use a non-abrasive cleaning pad such as a household sponge, along with a common mild cream cleanser or a glass and surface cleaner. Should chewing gum, nail polish, or similar substances adhere to the surface, they can be removed with a plastic scraper. Gently scrape off the substance, then follow the routine cleaning procedures listed above.
Should paint spots or stains persist after following the above procedures then, as a last alternative, the spot use of acetone may be successful. Testing on an inconspicuous area first is highly recommended.
Sodostone requires no sealing or special cleaning products. Sodostone is made from natural quartz, therefore variations in colour and patterns may occur. Small surface spots and blotches are typical in engineered quartz surfaces.
1. Subject to the conditions and limitations set out in this warranty below, Sodostone warrants to the original purchaser of Sodostone products for interior residential and commercial who is a “consumer” as defined that the Sodostone will, at its option, repair or replace that product without charge if it fails directly as a result of a defect in its manufacture or material used in its manufacture, during the first 10 years after initial installation (proof of purchase will be required). This limited warranty terminates at the expiration of 10 years from the date of installation of the Sodostone product .
2. This limited warranty does not cover any defect/damage caused by:
a. any natural occurrence or any other circumstance beyond the Sodostone ‘s control; or
b. physical abuse, negligence, vandalism, misuse, accidents, exposure to excessive heat, exposure to excessive moisture, the use of solvents or inappropriate cleaning products/materials, improper maintenance, exposure to chemical products, and/ or normal ‘wear and tear’, including, without limitation, fractures, burns, scratches, stains, chipping, cuts, wipe marks and scuffs on the product; or
c. failure to follow the Care and Maintenance instructions of the product; or
d. exposure to direct sun light including general fading and discoloration; or
e. variations in colour, pattern and shade of the material against the sample material, displays and/or printed illustrations; or
f. thermal shock, excessive heat, or excessive weight; or
g. failure to follow any procedures recommended by the Sodostone for the fabrication and installation of Sodostone products; or
h. failure of any adhesive, caulk, or other accessory, or failure of any caulked or filled joins or seams; or
i. faulty workmanship by any person subsequent to the supply of the Sodostone product from The Sodostone.
3. This warranty also does not cover:
a. anything which has been disclosed as a feature or limitation of the Sodostone product in any literature published or distributed by The Sodostone ; or
b. outdoor application; or
c. where the defect is trivial or insubstantial; or
d. where, as at the date of notification of the defect to the Sodostone, the type or colour of the alleged defective product no longer forms part of the Sodostone’s standard stock range and the person complaining of the defect does not agree to the supply of a replacement which is as close a type or colour match as is possible for the Sodostone’s then prevailing stock range.
a. The Sodostone will bear the expense of the reasonable labour charges which are necessary for the repair or replacement of the Sodostone product covered by this warranty. When submitting a claim, please provide details of the quantum of the labour charges necessary for the repair or replacement of the Sodostone product (including any quotes you have obtained verifying the labour charges).
b. if the Sodostone considers that you have incurred or will incur reasonable labour charges which are necessary for the repair or replacement of the Sodostone product covered by this warranty, it will pay you the amount of those charges or pay those charges directly to a third party to undertake the necessary repair or replacement works.
c. Subject to a), the person claiming the warranty will bear all other expenses of claiming the warranty.
5. A replacement product from the Sodostone may not be reasonably available in the same shape or species as the original Sodostone product covered by this warranty. If a replacement product of the same shape or species is not reasonably available, the Sodostone reserves the right to provide a replacement product as close in shape and species as is reasonably possible from the Sodostone ‘s then prevailing product range in satisfaction of its obligations under this warranty.
6. All terms, conditions, warranties, undertakings, inducements and representations, whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise relating to any Sodostone product are excluded. Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, the Sodostone will not be under other liability in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) however caused (whether by negligence or otherwise) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of any Sodostone product.
7. Where any applicable legislation implies any term, condition or warranty in the Sodostone’s relationship with a person who has acquired any Sodostone product, or otherwise gives that person a particular remedy against the Sodostone, and that legislation or any legislation voids or prohibits any provision excluding, or modifying the application of, or the exercise of, any liability under such term, condition, warranty or remedy shall be deemed to be in or, as the case may be, apply to that relationship. However, the Sodostone ‘s liability for any breach of such term, condition, warranty, or under such remedy, shall be limited, at the Sodostone ‘s option, in any one or more of the ways permitted by the legislation where so permitted:
a. if the breach relates to any Sodostone product;
· the replacement of that Sodostone product or supply of similar product; or
· the repair of that Sodostone product;or
· the payment of the cost of replacing that Insprequartz product with similar product; or
· the payment of the cost of having the Sodostone product repaired; and b. if the breach relates to services:
· the supply of the services again; or
· the payment of the cost of having the services supplied.
8.Please note that the benefits given by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the person under a law in relation to the goods or services to which this warranty relates. This warranty should not therefore be read as an exclusive statement of the rights of the original purchaser or any other person.
9.The warranty does not cover any other product used or installed in connection with the Sodostone product.
10. This warranty is not transferable or assignable.
11.To claim this warranty, please send the following written details to the address set out above:
a. Your name, address and telephone number
b. Place where the Sodostone product was purchased and amount you paid for it.
c. Please also provide a copy of your proof of purchase
d. if the Sodostone product has been installed – the address at which it was installed, the date of installation, the name of the person and company that installed it, the quantum of the labour charges necessary for the repair or replacement of the Sodostone product (including any quotes you have obtained verifying the labour charges)
e. Description of how the Sodostone product is defective and when you found out that it was defective. Please also provide any photographs taken of the defect(s). After we receive your written claim, we will contact you to discuss. In some circumstances The Sodostone may need to remove a sample of the installed Sodostone product for testing.